/ 2021 / Nature / Underwater
Underwater race of waves
Most of the wave photographs are taken above water from a shore. This series was taken on scuba dives, requiring a lot of safety precautions. The photos depict the similarity between the world above and underwater.
Alexej is an amateur photographer, who works in IT industry. Alexej has been interested in photography since childhood. Challenges of the underwater photography attracted Alexej. He obtained the photography education in Kiev school of photography. Alexej is inspired by amazing photos by Hiroshi Sugimoto, William Eggleston, Franco Fontana and Andreas Gursky.
Alexej joined photography competitions in 2020.
His works were exhibited in the US, London, Germany and in Kiev, where Alexej lives currently.
- International Photography Awards/Underwater: 2x Honorable Mention
- Budapest Photography Awards/Underwater: Gold, Silver, Bronze and 2x Honorable Mention
- Monochrome Awards/Photojournalism: Honorable Mention
- Chromatic Awards:2nd Plance in Environmental and 2x Honorable Mention in Fine Arts, Honorable Mention in nature
- LightsFlare International Photography Exhibition: finalist
- Tokyo Photography Awards/Underwater: 6 x Honorable Mention
- Travel Photographer of the Year/Nature, Sealife, Wildlife: Highly Commended
- Annual Photography Awards: 2 x Honorable Mention in Wildlife, Honorable Mention in Fine Art, Honorable Mention in Landscape
- Nature TTL Photographer of the year: Finalist
- All About Photo's AAP Magazine #18 B&W competition: Merit award
- FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS: Nominee in Wildlife/Animals, Seascape, Travel and Open Theme
- Global Photography Awards/Nature: Finalist
- Monovisions Photography Awards/Nature/Wildlife/Travel: Honorable Mention
- “Sustainability Stories” of the UN university UNU-FLORES & museum Technische Sammlungen Dresden: 1ast place in category Photography
- Ward Museum Photo Festival/Nature: Honorable mention