Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is considered a professional photographer?
- We consider professional photographers those who earn, or have earned, the majority of their income from photography, and who sell or publish their work regularly, and belong to professional photography organizations.
- What is considered a series?
- A series consists of a maximum of 8 images and 1 cover photo, sharing a common theme or concept and a single title. Make sure all your images in a series are strong. Your work will be judged as a whole not individually.
- Can I mail my submission?
- Since all of our judging is done online, we no longer except mailed in submissions.
- What size should the digital files be?
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg or png and at least 1000 pixels on the longest side. No larger than 4 Meg.
- What are the ‘Book’ and ‘Book Proposals’ categories?
- The Book category is for designed and published photography books. The Book Proposals category is for photography books ready to be published but without a publisher.
- How should I submit an entry to the Book or Book Proposal Category?
- Complete the online submission form in the same way as other categories and upload 9 images from the book as a sampling for the Jury–this should include the 1 cover image and 8 other images from the book. You may also send in a PDF copy of the entire book to email@example.com
- How can I pay for the photographs that I submit?
- We accept Visa and Master cards or Paypal at the moment.
- Can I enter one photograph into multiple categories?
- Yes, you may enter the same photograph into as many categories as you want, and doing so may increase your chances of winning. There is a small fee for each additional category.
- What is the P×3 Copyright policy & How can P×3 use my photographs?
- The photographer always retains the copyright of his image. P×3 has the right to use your submitted photographs for the annual exhibition(s) and the P×3 book of the year if you are a winner. P×3 may also use your work for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to P×3 only, with the appropriate citation/credit.
- What is the time of the final deadline?
- We accept online entries until midnight, Central European Time, on the final deadline.
- Where will the prints go after the exhibit?
- P×3 will never sell your prints. We will have a traveling show for one year to publicize the winning images. The prints will be archived at P×3 safe storage for possible inclusion in “Best of 5, 10, etc. Years” shows. Photographers can request that P×3 destroy or return the prints. On the back of each print that we make or receive, there is a stamp that says: “NON ARCHIVAL PRINTS, Not for sale. Return to P×3”
- What happens if someone wants to buy my prints?
- P×3 will put the interested person in touch with you or your gallery. P×3 is not in the business of selling prints.
- What do winners receive?
Px3 Photographer of the Year
$5,000 cash prize. The Photographer of the Year is chosen from among the 1st prize winners in each of the 6 Pro Categories. The winner’s work is publicized internationally, receives the spotlight at all events, is exhibited in Paris, and published in the P×3 Annual Book.
Px3 Best New Talent of the Year
$2,000 cash prize. The winner is chosen from the 1st prize winners in the 6 Non-Pro/Student categories. The work is publicized and exhibited in Paris, and published in the P×3 Annual Book.
First Place Category Winners professional will receive $500 cash prize, while First place Category Winners Amateur/Student will receive $250 cash prize.
First place winners’ work will be exhibited at the Px3 Exhibition in Paris. All first place winners from both the professional and non-professional categories will receive a P×3 certificate, personalized press release, and a P×3 winner’s logo for professional purposes.
Other Category Winners
Other category winners will enjoy extensive publicity throughout the following year in addition to the following benefits:
– Published winning images in the Annual Px3 Book and showcased in the online exhibition
– Press release and newsletter announcements to over 90,000
– Online printable Px3 certificate of achievement
– Winner’s logo to be used online and on printed materials
Early Bird Deadline (10%): January 31, 2021
Extended Early Bird (5%): February 28, 2021
Regular Deadline: May 15, 2021