/ 2021 / Nature / Water
Underwater race of waves
Most of the wave photographs are taken above water from a shore. This series was taken on scuba dives, requiring a lot of safety precautions. The photos depict the similarity between the world above and underwater.
Alexej was born in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Inspired by his mother’s photographs, Alexej started photographing in his childhood. He obtained a diploma in rocket engineering & information technologies. Alexej works for SIXT, one of the world’s biggest and most successful technology-driven mobility companies.
Alexej’s underwater photos are successful in Abstract, Conceptual, Environmental, FineArt, Landscape/Seascape and Nature/Wildlife categories of various professional international photography competitions.
As part of collective exhibitions, the photos have been presented in the US, UK, DE and UA.
Awards • 2022, 2nd place in Nature & Wildlife of Monovisions Photography awards - “Cosmic corrals”
• 2022, 2nd place in Abstract and 3rd place in Conceptual categories of Florida Museum of Photographic Arts competition - “The Edge”, “New Rules Underwater”
• 2022, Commended by Siena Creative Photography Awards in category “series”, “The Edge of the wave”
• 2022/21, Gold and Silver in FineArt of MUSE Photography Awards, series “The Edge of the wave” and “Mood changes of the sea”
• 2021, The overall winner of Vienna Photography Awards
• 2021, Landscape Photographer of the Year by Annual Photography Awards, series “Mood changes of the sea”
• 2021, Gold and silver by Prix de la Photographie, Paris (PX3), series “Mood changes of the sea” and “Inside the Wave”
• 2021, Gold in Nature/Panoram by Tokyo Photography Awards, series “Mood changes of the sea”
• 2021, 2nd place in Editorial/Environmental by Neutral Density Awards, series “New Cosmos Underwater”
• 2021, Merit award by B&W competition of All About Photo magazine, series “Inside the Wave”
• 2021, Commended by Travel Photographer of the Year, series “The Edge of the wave”
• 2021, Silver by World Nature Photography Awards, series “The Human cares”
• 2020, 1st place in Photography by “Sustainability Stories” of United nations university, series “The Human cares”
• 2020, Gold in Underwater by Budapest Photography Awards, photo “Watching You”
• 2020, Highly commended by Travel Photographer of the Year, series “Aliens underwater”
• 2022, Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, collective exhibition of international photography competition, artworks “The Edge”, “New Rules Underwater”, Tampa, USA
• 2022, ClampArt Gallery, PrintSwap collective exhibition, artworks “Strom”, “Forefinger”, NYC, USA
• 2022, Praxis Photo Center, “The Abstract Image”, artwork “Break”, Minneapolis, USA
• 2021, Analog Photography Association, “Monochrome: Angst, Ambiance, Abstraction”