/ 2020 / Press / Travel/Tourism
Photograph of an interesting shape of fishing net moving underneath the water surface which looks like flower shape blooming on the sea from aerial view.
Many local fisherman families along the coastline of Phu Yen province will follow the near-shore currents to catch the anchovy during peak season. Only a small proportion of the entire catch is sold fresh, with most of it being dried or salted. Salted anchovy is the most important raw material to create traditional fish sauce; the humble anchovy becomes the spirit of Vietnamese cuisine.
Thien Nguyen is an Engineer, Freediver, Travel Photographer, member of National Geographic Your Shot, he's currently based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Visit Thien Nguyen instagram:
Awards Award and prize:
- Winner Award of Aerial Photography Awards 2020
- Pangea Prize of Siena International Photo Awards 2020
- Winner Award of (PX3) Prix de la Photographie, Paris 2020
- Commended award of Drone Photo Awards 2020
- Honorable-Mention & Remarkable Artwork of The Prix De La Photographie, Paris 2020 (PX3); Siena International Photo Awards 2020
- Finalist of Smithsonian Photo Contest 2019
- Finalist & 5th place of Epson International Pano Awards 2019 & 2020
- Photos Natgeo Published
- Photos GEO Published