/ 2020 / Press / Other
Living in a Refugee Camp, Kakuma
Refugee camps are home today of more than 67 million forcibly displaced people worldwide. A population two times the size of the population of Northern Europe (without England) and despite this remains almost forgotten.
The project is a journey into the interior of the refugees’ space and life. It is an attempt to build a story without affection. Kakuma camp in Turkana Lake in Kenya contain different stories that were born in different countries and contexts and intersect in the common areas of these camps: markets, primary schools, streets without pavement.
I am preparing a book of photography entitled “Streets of the World and their People”. I like to travel and encounter the world with its streets and its people, but the part that corresponds to my interest, my vision and philosophy of life. My photos are a look at someone's world, a journey into their space and their life; an attempt to build a story without affection, as part of a social commitment. Visual stories that intersect in the streets and in their plurality create a certain connection; a new sense. These images can be regard, a hand, a detail, a fixed temporality that captures move
Awards - 17 honorable mentions (h.m.) IPA 2016. 1 h.m. One Shoot: Climate Change Competition 2017. 6 h.m. Monochrome Photography Awards, 2017. Winner photo, Black Box Gallery, 2018. Mono-Kromatic competition, Minnesota (2018),
- Director’s Award 2017, Cartier-Bresson Passporte Prize, Street Photography.
- 1st place, IPA 2017, Non-Professional Event: Social Cause. 3rd Place, Event – Social Cause, IPA, curated by Catherine Edelman.
- Bronze medal, Paris Photo Prize, 2017) “Collective Pain”.
- 1st place, PHOTO+, PDN Faces Photography Contest, 2017, NY. 1st place, PDN, Rangefinder, WPPI, One Life International photography, 2017.
- 1st Place, PDN, NY and Photocrowd, London, Photo¬journalism in Black and White, 2018.
- 1st prize, Smart Arts category, Digital Camera's Photographer of the Year, 2017. 3 place, Digital Camera Photographer of the Year, 2018.
- 2nd place, Black and White Photographer of the Year, Fujifilm
- Aline Smithson Juror’s Selection, New York Center for Photographic Art, ONE Call, 2017
- Sony World Photography Awards (2018), ‘Commended’ photo on Portraiture Category.
- Silver Medal, Editorial, General News, Tokyo International Photo Awards, 2017.
- ‘Mark of Excellence’, Black and White, ‘I Shot It’ Leica Competition, 2017 and 2018.
- 3 Place, International Photography and Arts Community People and Animals.
- Winner 2017, ‘35 Awards – 100 Best Photos of the Year (2017), Black and White, Moscow.
- Royal Photography Society, short-listed, International Photography Exhibition, 2018, London.
- Gold in Editorial-Conflict / Bronze in Editorial-Photo Essay / Silver in People-Children / 1st place winner in Editorial. Moscow International Photo Awards (MIFA)
- Top 20 finalists, FOCUS Photo, Summer edition, 2018, Les Rencontres de la Photography, Arles.
- Honorable Mention, Neutral Density Photography Awards, Professional (2019),
- 2nd place winner, juror Louise Fedotov, Black and White competition, NY . 2018, USA.