/ 2018 / Nature / Flowers
Bronze in Nature/Flowers
Beauty of a flower in black and white
Patricia Schnepf is originally from New York City and ventured to Washington seven years ago through Philadelphia and then Chicago.
She always loved art since picking up a charcoal pencil at seven years old and sketching her father in his favorite chair and visiting all the art museums and galleries in New York. She studied art in New York, and continued in the arts working as a fashion/costume designer, then theater production, film production/admin, and broadcasting while pursuing her love of painting and sketching. She left the arts temporarily to tend to family responsibilities.
Patricia discovered photography about 11 years ago and it has become her passion. Photography is a medium that enables her to capture a scene in real-time with a lasting visual memory along with its colors and special sensations then bring it back with to evolve later. Her photography is mainly spontaneous focusing on the inner depth of her subjects.
She is predominantly self-taught in photography and photographic art using special artistic techniques to enhance and extend the subtleties, depth, and tone of a composition bringing.
Patricia Schnepf exhibits her photography/photographic art locally, nationally, and internationally in live juried exhibitions as well as the internet and in print. Her work appears in collections worldwide.
Awards - One-person show - Chicago Cultural Center
- Featured artist Light Space Time - August, 2016
- Berlin Foto Biennale - (finalist, Julia Margaret Cameron Awards), NYC4PA Juror's Selection 2016 exhibiting in New York City
- First Place: CAGO; Linus On-Line Gallery (interviewed); Arts of the Terrace Juried Art Show; and Second Place at Shoreline Art Show + other awards
- Photographers Forum (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Commercial Event Photography
- Product Design