Honorable Mention / 2022 / Fine Art / Landscape
Serenity in St. Vincent’s
I came to Newfoundland Canada, from Asia as an international student. Through the years, I have called Newfoundland my new home and made my best friend here, Robert Tilley, a 73-year-old Newfoundlander. In this photo, Robert was standing on the edge of the sandy and curving shore of St. Vincent’s, facing the calm water. The calm water in Newfoundland always reminds me of my home, where there is a big river, and both the river in my hometown and the water in Newfoundland sometimes share serenity.
I left my home in Asia and came to Newfoundland Canada 4 years ago as an international student. During the past three years, I have not only found my new home in Newfoundland but also my muse. Newfoundland is the inspiration for my photography. Robert Tilley, a -73-year-old true and born Newfoundlander, is the first friend I made when I came to Newfoundland, and now he has become my best friend. Robert and I have traveled most parts of Newfoundland, and he appears in many of my photos as a model.
Awards • Overall Winner of the 18th Julia Margaret Cameron Award, 2022
• Shortlisted in the Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain's IPE 164
• Official Selection in IPA One Shot-Colors
• Gold Winner and Bronze Winner in 2021 Budapest International Foto Awards
• Gold Winner and Silver Winner in 2021 Tokyo International Foto Awards
• 2nd Place Winner in 2021 IPA International Photography Awards
• Winner of 2021 Flickr Your Best Shot
• Finalist of 2022 and 2021 Lucie Foundation Open Call
• Grand Prize Runner Up of 2020 Canadian Wildlife Federation Annual Photo Contest
• Honorable Mention in 2021 and 2020 IPA International Photography Awards