Honorable Mention / 2021 / Nature / Water
A Blue-Eyed River
Streams on the Berounka River (not far from Dobrichovice town in Central Bohemia, Czech Republic) coloured by reflections of the blue sky and structured by shadows of surrounding trees. The extremely strong neutral density filter was used for the shot, so it leads to long four-minute exposure in a autumn sunny afternoon.
I´m a self-taugh photographer originally from the Pilsen region (West of the Czech Republic), now living in Dobrichovice near Prague. I have been involved in photography since childhood, first only with B&W and home-made photos, later with color and infrared pictures. I have been exhibiting publicly since 2013. I try to make visible what is often not seen at first glance, so called “pictures from behind-the-light”. In the last three years, my photographs have been shown at joint international exhibitions and in foreign photographic magazines.
Awards - 1st Price and Gold Star Award, ND Awards 2022
- Silver Winner, Prix de la Photographie, Paris 2022
- Gold Award a Gallery Award, San Francisco Bay International Photography Awards 2020
- Gold Winner + Honorable Mentions, European Photography Awards 2022
- Silver Winner, New York Photography Awards 2022
- Honorable Mentions, Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020, 2021, 2022
- Honorable Mentions, The Prix de la Photographie, Paris 2021, 2022
- Honorable Mention, Monochrome Awards 2021
- Honorable Mentions, Moscow International Foto Awards 2022
- Honorable Mentions, New York Photography Awards 2022
- Honorable Mentions, ND Awards 2022