Curator Selection / 2020 / /
Christians in China
Each week, at least 100,000 Christians come together to pray in the official Catholic and Protestant Churches in China. Christianity is fast growing in China. Though often portrayed wrongly as an oppressed people, the reality is that Christians all over China are freely practising their faith in earnest. I have visited many churches throughout China over a five year period, and have documented the faith there, perhaps, one of the most dynamic in the world today. People pray, read the bibles, carry out social work to benefit society, go on pilgrimages, and observe their rites and feasts.
Work is distributed by Redux Pictures
Published Books (all by Marshall Cavendish):
1. Greater Tibet (2004)
2. Faraway Faces: The Vanishing World of Southwest China (2006)
3. Lives in the Balance: Street People of Asia (with World Vision, 2007)
4. Treasures of Indochina (2008)
5. Faith, Hope, Love (2012)
6. Seek the Welfare of the City (2012)
7. Bible Comes Alive: Window into the Christian Church in China (2014)
Awards International Photo Awards, Best of Show, PX3, Critical Mass Top 50, US' Independent Book Publishers Outstanding Book of the Year, American Photography.