/ 2022 / /
Quidi Vidi Plantation
Quidi Vidi Plantation is a Newfoundland art studio set up for craft artists. I took this photo at night, when a leather craft artist, Stephen, was still working in his studio. I showed this photo to hard-working Stephen later and he liked it a lot.
I left my home in Asia and came to Newfoundland Canada 4 years ago as an international student. During the past three years, I have not only found my new home in Newfoundland but also my muse. Newfoundland is the inspiration for my photography. Robert Tilley, a -73-year-old true and born Newfoundlander, is the first friend I made when I came to Newfoundland, and now he has become my best friend. Robert and I have traveled most parts of Newfoundland, and he appears in many of my photos as a model.
Awards • Overall Winner of the 18th Julia Margaret Cameron Award, 2022
• Shortlisted in the Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain's IPE 164
• Official Selection in IPA One Shot-Colors
• Gold Winner and Bronze Winner in 2021 Budapest International Foto Awards
• Gold Winner and Silver Winner in 2021 Tokyo International Foto Awards
• 2nd Place Winner in 2021 IPA International Photography Awards
• Winner of 2021 Flickr Your Best Shot
• Finalist of 2022 and 2021 Lucie Foundation Open Call
• Grand Prize Runner Up of 2020 Canadian Wildlife Federation Annual Photo Contest
• Honorable Mention in 2021 and 2020 IPA International Photography Awards