/ 2020 / /
The Nyangatom women
This is a series of portraits of Nyangatom women in their village. I try to show these people, in their daily surroundings.
The Nyangatom are Nilotic agro-pastoralists inhabiting the border of southwestern Ethiopia and southeastern South Sudan. Many Nyangatom are nomadic, residing in mobile livestock villages that may migrate several times a year. A substantial number of Nyangatom also reside in semi-permanent villages. The Nyangatom have intermittent conflict with many of their neighbors, especially the Turkana, Dassanetch, and Suri.
"I'm a passionated traveler. I try to catch what amazes me in photographs and writtings."
Awards –National Geographic’s Daily Dozen (06/18/2018)
–NIKON Calendar 2020 (Month of February)
– Included in Magnum Photography Awards Gallery 2017
– Paris PX3 Prix de la Photographie: 1 Gold in 2019, 2020; 1 Bronze in 2020, 2018; Honorable Mention in 2020, STATE of the WORLD
– Fine Art Photography Awards (FAPA): 2nd place in 2019, 3 Nominee in 2020, 1 in 2019, 1 in 2018
– ND Awards (Neutral Density Photography Awards) : 3rd place 2020; 5 Honorable Mentions in ND Awards 2020, 3 in 2018
– International Photography Awards (IPA): 3 Honorable Mentions in 2019, 1 in 2020.
– Siena International Awards Photocontest (SIPA): Remarkable artwork in 2017. Finalist in 2018, 2020.
– International Photographer of the Year Awards (IPOTY): 3 honorable mentions in 2017
– Monochrome Photography Awards: 2 honorable mentions in 2020
– Wildlife Photographer of the year (WLPY): Final round in 2015, 2018, 2020.
– Asférico Photocontest: Final round in 2018.