/ 2018 / /
Bronze in Nature/Sky
Sergio Galan Sanchis
These photos are part of an ongoing serie that I started 4 years ago. I
try to highlight the beauty of the arctic nights as an homage to nature.
Photos 1,4 and 5 were taken in Lofoten Islands, Norway.-
The beauty of the norwegian nights starts even when the the day is
not yet over. Sometimes, the Aurora Borealis dances above the
orange line of the dusk and the moment becomes magic.
Photo 2 was taken in Tromso, Norway.-
A magic night is shining over a small house in a beach in Somaroya,
Photo 3 was taken in Inari, Finland.-
Inari lake is the sacred lake of Sami people. Despite the next morning
we had to start a seven days trekking with snow rackets along the
frozen river Lemmenjoki , we decided try our luck. For two times we
were about of gave up. But we kept tight waiting. And, finally it was
I'm a passionated traveler. I try to catch what amazes me in my photographs and writtings.
Awards - Selected in National Geographic's Daily Dozen (06/18/2018).
- Nikon has included a picture of mine in the NIKON CALENDAR 2020 (Month of Febrary).
- Paris PX3 Prix de la Photographie Gold 2019.
- Paris PX3 Prix de la Photografie Bronze 2018.
- 2nd place in 5th FAPA (Fine Art Photography Awards), 2019 in category Night Photography.
- Remarkable artwork in Siena International Awards Photocontest (SIPA) 2017.
- I’ve been awarded with 3 Honorable Mentions in IPA (Intl Photography Awards) 2018.
- Awarded with 3 Honorable Mentions in ND Awards (Neutral Density Photography Awards) 2018.
- Nominee in 4th FAPA (Fine Art Photography Awards), 2018 in category Street Photography.
- Nominee in 5th FAPA (Fine Art Photography Awards), 2018 in category Open Theme.
- Finalist in 2018 SIPA contest.
- Included in Magnum Photography Awards Gallery. (magnum-photography-awards-2017#competition-gallery)