Curator Selection / 2020 / /
Mexico 43 missing students
Eduardo Lopez Moreno
Eduardo Lopez Moreno
Iguala, Mexico. 43 students that dreamed to become rural teachers were organizing to protest for better schooling conditions in 2016. Inexplicably, they were abducted by the police, the army or the local drogue mafia, or by all of them, and disappeared since then. Agony for the parents and relatives, anger for the Mexican society and repeated claims for human rights activists and those that seek justice have remained unheard.
Were they torture and kill? A UN Repot believes so, as the Mexican society. The government at that time did all what was possible to cover-up the investigation.
I am preparing a book of photography entitled “Streets of the World and their People”. I like to travel and encounter the world with its streets and its people, but the part that corresponds to my interest, my vision and philosophy of life. My photos are a look at someone's world, a journey into their space and their life; an attempt to build a story without affection, as part of a social commitment. Visual stories that intersect in the streets and in their plurality create a certain connection; a new sense. These images can be regard, a hand, a detail, a fixed temporality that captures move
Awards - 17 honorable mentions (h.m.) IPA 2016. 1 h.m. One Shoot: Climate Change Competition 2017. 6 h.m. Monochrome Photography Awards, 2017. Winner photo, Black Box Gallery, 2018. Mono-Kromatic competition, Minnesota (2018),
- Director’s Award 2017, Cartier-Bresson Passporte Prize, Street Photography.
- 1st place, IPA 2017, Non-Professional Event: Social Cause. 3rd Place, Event – Social Cause, IPA, curated by Catherine Edelman.
- Bronze medal, Paris Photo Prize, 2017) “Collective Pain”.
- 1st place, PHOTO+, PDN Faces Photography Contest, 2017, NY. 1st place, PDN, Rangefinder, WPPI, One Life International photography, 2017.
- 1st Place, PDN, NY and Photocrowd, London, Photo¬journalism in Black and White, 2018.
- 1st prize, Smart Arts category, Digital Camera's Photographer of the Year, 2017. 3 place, Digital Camera Photographer of the Year, 2018.
- 2nd place, Black and White Photographer of the Year, Fujifilm
- Aline Smithson Juror’s Selection, New York Center for Photographic Art, ONE Call, 2017
- Sony World Photography Awards (2018), ‘Commended’ photo on Portraiture Category.
- Silver Medal, Editorial, General News, Tokyo International Photo Awards, 2017.
- ‘Mark of Excellence’, Black and White, ‘I Shot It’ Leica Competition, 2017 and 2018.
- 3 Place, International Photography and Arts Community People and Animals.
- Winner 2017, ‘35 Awards – 100 Best Photos of the Year (2017), Black and White, Moscow.
- Royal Photography Society, short-listed, International Photography Exhibition, 2018, London.
- Gold in Editorial-Conflict / Bronze in Editorial-Photo Essay / Silver in People-Children / 1st place winner in Editorial. Moscow International Photo Awards (MIFA)
- Top 20 finalists, FOCUS Photo, Summer edition, 2018, Les Rencontres de la Photography, Arles.
- Honorable Mention, Neutral Density Photography Awards, Professional (2019),
- 2nd place winner, juror Louise Fedotov, Black and White competition, NY . 2018, USA.