/ 2022 / Nature / Other
This series is a story told with a gallery of portraits. Once upon a time, some plants were tired of seeing the same scenery. They dreamed of going to see if the grass is greener elsewher. But how to do that when you are literally planted on the spot? They had to metamorphose to become new independent entities, able to move!
The portraits of these creatures are created with plants photographed in different gardens in Brittany. After some manipulations, these vegetables are transformed into imaginary and mysterious creatures, they become Photographically Modified Organisms (PMO).
I’m from Brittany (France), living by the sea. I’m especially fascinated by the small details of the natural scenery that surrounds me, these little things that we don’t always see at first glance and that disappear very quickly, the time of a wink. I’m fascinated by these fleeting and ephemeral moments that are offered to us by Nature. I capture them before they disappear. I then intervene on these ”snapshots” to better appropriate them, to add my sensations and emotions, to tell a story. Nature is an artist and I try to capture her creations, to add my personal touch.
Awards - Creative Photo Siena Awards 2022 (Runner Up and Commended)
- Inoventa Awards 8th (Gold Winner)
- 8th Fine Art Photography Awards (Nomination)
- Annual Photography Awards 2021 (honorable mention)
- Monochrome Photography Awards 2021 (honorable mention)
- Books : Santorini, between Blue and White
- Exhibition "the Print Swap in Brooklyn" - New York December 2017
- The Sea - Exhibition at Porspoder in Brittany - from June 08 to October 22, 2018