/ 2021 / Portraiture / Culture
Ancient Gods of Ethiopia
South-West Ethiopia, 2018
I was crossing the river when a mysterious force froze me motionless in the middle of the water.
I looked back and I could see them, overlooking us from the top of the river bank.
A group of women had been following us since we left their village.
They were standing there, as silent as stone statues.
Under the angry sky of the coming storm, they reminded me of the ancient gods of Ethiopia.
I am a travel photographer whose work is to magnify the beauty of diversity in human cultures and nature.
Through deserts and jungles - I strive to create awareness about these vanishing wonders.
Inspired by the work of explorers, I have travelled in 40 countries to witness the beauty of diversity, from the crowded streets of Mumbai to the most remote villages in Africa.
My trips are an attempt to understand human nature and its environments, and to preserve the essence of their beauty through photography before the last traditional cultures and unspoiled spaces fade away.
Awards - Winner of Phototrend contest, Travel category, October 2018
- Winner of international "Shoot the Frame" contest, Wildlife category, November 2017
- Finalist of Wanderlust magazine "Travel Photo of the Year", 2016
- Finalist of Travel Photographer of the Year in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Finalist of international "Shoot the Frame" contest, in both Portrait and Wildlife categories, September 2016
- Prize Winner, Africa Geographic contest, 2016
- Prizewinner of 2015 Photo.fr contest, "The biggest world photo contest"
- Winner of international "Shoot the Frame" contest, Portrait category, November 2015
- National Geographic honorable mention for "Broken Dreams", August 2015
- National Geographic honorable mention for "The Enchanted", June 2015
- Prize winner of Photo.fr contest "Enfance et Joie en Asie", September 2014