/ 2020 / Press / Other
The project started under the hard lockdown and until Italian easing restrictions of June 3th, in Milano, the capital of the worst-affected Italian region for Covid. It shows biological stains at night, in places considered to be at the highest risk of contagion for SARS-Cov-2.
We are trying to make the invisible, visible.
However, to show something that escapes the human eye, we are using a rare professional forensic multi-spectrum light, revealing traces of saliva, sweat, fingerprints, feces, urine.
Our aim is to give an alternative visual representation of the fear for Covid contagion.
Marco Casino (1986) is a cross-media documentary photographer specialized in long-form social reportages. He covered stories in Southern Italy, Europe, Africa, North & South America exploring daily life inquiries & technology-related stories, often part of main contemporary events.
Pietro Baroni (1977) use photography, video, installations, and mixed media. He explores social and gender related issue in contemporary society and traveled in more than 40 countries around the world to collect human stories
They works together on documentaries and on commissioned cross-media series.
Awards Marco Casino
- 2015 30under30 by Magnum Photos
- 2015 PDN Photo Annual Award in Documentary category
- 2014 World Press Photo, Multimedia Contest, 1°prize Short Feature category
- 2014 Lucie Foundation Emerging Scholarship
- 2014 PDN Photo Annual Award in Video category
- 2014 30under30 by Magnum Photos
- 2012 24x36 Leica Talent Award
- 2019 Earth Photo by the UK Royal Geographical Society, Finalist
- 2014 Fotocrati Found, Finalist
- 2014 Burn Magazine Emerging Award, Finalist
- 2014 Premio Ponchielli by the GRIN -Italian picture editor association-, Finalist
- 2017 LensCulture, Emerging Photographer of the Year
- 2017 MonoVision Photography Awards, Best B&W Fine Art Series of the year
- 2017 IPOTY, Honorable Mention in People/Portrait category
- 2017 PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris, Honorable Mention
- 2017 Black&White International Award Rome, 2nd place
- 2014 IPOTY, Honorable mention in Portrait/Children category
- 2013 IPOTY, Honorable mention in Fine Art category
- 2013 Premio ArtGallery, Finalist
- 2013 IPOTY, Honorable mention in People/Lifestyle category