/ 2018 / Nature / Sunsets
Bay of Fires
Silver in Nature/Sunsets
Heritage Bank Limited
Edwin Villeroz Mangabat
Sunset taken at Binalong Bay, Bay of Fires, Tasmania
A CPA by profession, Edwin is currently working in one large mutual bank in Australia as Internal Auditor. He is a self-taught photographer based in Queensland, Australia and only discovered his interest in photography in 2015 (three years ago) when he bought his first DLSR (Nikon D750).
Everything started as a simple hobby, taking snapshots of the streets in Singapore using his mobile phone and then posting it in social media. It eventually turned into passion and obsession, to capture and create amazing images. To him, photography is a form of meditation and anti-stress reliever, where he tends to forget the life's toughest challenges and problems while shooting.
His passion is on landscapes/ seascapes, nature, cityscapes and astrophotography. When not taking photographs, he is busy watching DOTA 2 online games, studying for his CA exams, and/or watching NBA games.
Awards - (2016) Runner-up, Theme Category - Heritage Bank Photographic Awards 2016, "Promises of Tranquility"
- (2016) Alwyn Kucks Memorial Award - Heritage Bank Photographic Awards 2016, "Promises of Tranquility"
- (2016) Peoples Choice Award, DocklandsILoveYou Photo Competition 2016, "Lights from Heaven"
- (2017) Highly Commended (Scapes), 9th Australian Digital Photography Awards (ADPA 2017), "Pinnacles at Cape Woolamai"
- (2017) Merit (Scapes), 9th Australian Digital Photography Awards (ADPA 2017), "Calm at the Pylons"
- (2017) Merit Ribbon, Sydney Harbour International 2017, "Calmness at the Pylons"
- (2017) Honourable Mention, Moscow International Foto Awards (MIFA), Sub-category: Nature-Sunset (Non-Pro) "Waves Painting"
- (2017) Silver Award, Moscow International Foto Awards (MIFA), Sub-category: Nature-Sunset (Non-Pro) "The Guiding Light"