Honorable Mention / 2021 / Fine Art / People
Fotografie Susanne Middelberg
In my portraits I am looking for honesty and vulnerability. I believe that vulnerability makes us nicer human beings and that this makes the world a little more friendly and more understanding. People who show themselves vulnerable give the other the confidence that they themselves may be who they are.
I am most fascinated when I can see opposite qualities of a person at the same moment.
I find this exciting because people are complex. I hope that the portrait touches something of the viewer himself.
In this series, I chose to use only daylight to make the image as natural as possible.
After completing a modern dance education at the Higher school for Arts (now Artez) in Arnhem, she graduated in 1998 from the Royal Academy of Arts, from the photography department.
Since then she has worked as a freelance photographer making independent work and by order of magazines and theater dance posters.
Susanne specializes in portrait and theater- dance photography.
Awards ● 2021 Px3, Portraiture/Personality-Professional: Bronze for “Waldemar Torenstra”
● 2021 Muse Photography Award 2021, category Fine -Art Portrait: Gold
● 2021 Fotofestival Pelt: category professionele fotografen: Zilver Award
● 2020 Tokyo Internat Foto Awards 2020, category Self Portrait: Bronze
● 2020 Tokyo Internat Foto Awards 2020, category Fine-Art Portrait: Bronze
● 2020 CameraNU.nl Photo contest “Portrait” 1st Place
● 2020 Chromatic Awards 2020, category portrait: 2nd Place
● 2020 International Foto Awards 2020, category portrait: Bronze
● 2020 Moscow International Foto Awards 2020: Silver
● 2019 Trierenberg Super Circuit 2019 - gold ( “Hotel”)
● 2019 Moscow International Foto Awards, category self portrait: Silver
● 2019 Photo shoot Nude 2019: Second Prize
● 2018 ND Awards, category nude: Second Prize
● 2018 Px3 , category nature: 2nd Place for “Soar”
● 2018 Digifoto: Spotlight Weekwinnaar #13 – 2018
● 2018 World Water Day Photo Contest 2018, Winner Extreme water section
● 2017 Chromatic Awards 2017 with “Soar”: 2nd Place
● 2017 Trierenberg Super Circuit 2017 - Gold
● 2017 Monochrome Awards 2016, category portrait: 2nd Place
● 2016 Px3 , category People/Personality: Silver
● 2016 Ipoty International Photographer, category Portrait:3rd Place(Professional)
● 2016 Monochrome Awards 2015, category portrait: 3rd Place Winner
● 2015 International Photo Awards, category self portrait: First place
● 2014 Trierberg Super Circuit: Special Theme: Gold Medal
● 2013 Trierberg Super Circuit: Special Theme: Gold Medal
● 2012 nominatie portfolioactie Pf Fotografie
● 2012 Trierberg Super Circuit: Gold Medal of Excellence
● 2011 Winnaar van de Canon Master 2011
● 2009 Bronze Award van de FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year
● 2008 stadsprijs van de Maand van de Fotografie Gouda 2008
● 2008 nominatie voor Pink Ribbon Award