Honorable Mention / 2021 / Fine Art / Abstract
I love the harmony of sand dunes created by Newton's laws of physics. When I make light float upon the harmonious lines of the dunes, a colorful stream of light transforms Newton’s ‘B&W’ laws into a new animate concept: a new space of colorful combinations and strong emotions ..., human abstractions develop on the inanimate mathematical abstraction.
When looking at Flowing Gold, I see an old alchemist in his cellar lab attempting to create gold for thousand and first times ... and .... ABRACADABRA! I understand his passion for magic and I admire his perseverance.
Photographer Marek Boguszak lives in Prague. He received his first camera at the age of twelve when he started to experiment with photography. He was more interested in post-processing darkrooms and exploring exposures than playing with his schoolmates. His inspirations came from photographers like Josef Sudek, Ansel Adams, Alfred Stieglitz.
After graduating in mathematics Marek worked as a sociologist and market researcher. Alongside, photography remained his passion. His major method is to explore the unknown, the unseen in photography, making his photos a natural abstraction.
- APA 2021 - Honorable Mentions in the category Professional - Abstract
- TIFA 2021 - Silver Award and Honorable Mention in the category Professional, Fine Art - Abstract
- BIFA 2021 - Two Silver Awards and multiple Honorable Mentions in the category Professional, Fine Art - Abstract
- ND Awards 2021 - Honorable Mentions in the category Professional - Fine Art: Abstract
- IPA 2021 - Jury Top 5 Selection and Honorable Mentions in the category Professional - Fine Art / Abstract
- Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2021 - multiple Honorable Mentions in the category Professional Fine Art / Abstract
- First Place in the contest of NYC4PA "Wandering Curves", July 2021
- MIFA 2021 - Silver Award and Honorable Mentions in the category Fine Art - Abstract / Professional
- Siena Creative Photo Awards 2021, Commended in the category Abstract
- FAPA 2021 - Nominee in the category Abstract
- VIPA 2021 - Nominee in the category Abstract
- TIFA 2020 - Bronze and multiple Honorable Mentions in categories Fine Art / Abstract, Fine Art / Special Effects and Fine Art / Landscape
- One Eyeland Awards 2020, Finalist Fine Art / Abstract
- APA 2020 - multiple Honorable Mentions in categories "Abstract", "Fine Art", "Landscape"
- IPA 2020 - 3rd Place in categories "Nature, Landscape", multiple Honorable Mentions in categories "Fine Art, Abstract", "Nature,Landscape" and "Architecture, Historic"
- Photo is Light 2020, World Photography Contest, Top 10 in the category Fine Art
- Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2020 - Honorable Mention in categories "Fine Art / Abstract", "Fine Art / Landscape", "Nature / Landscape"
- FAPA 2020: nominee in categories Abstract, Fine Art, Landscape
- Solo exhibitions in London, Zurich, Prague, Tuscany
- Group exhibitions in London, Zurich, Milan, Madrid, New York