Honorable Mention / 2018 / Nature / Earth
InvEarth. High voltage
The "High voltage" series is devoted to lightning, which has been
present on Earth since it first took shape, dominated by volcanoes.
"High voltage" inaugurates the "InvEarth" project, which is
composed of several photographic series focusing on nature. Different
subjects from flora, fauna, and the ‘four elements’ were chosen as
exemplary symbols of planet Earth. These were shot focusing on
specific features, then developed in black and white, finally turned
into negative images. The lack of color represents our world’s intrinsic
dichotomy, the incessant dance between day and night, light and
shadow, and yin and yang that has always marked the passage of
time and the advance of evolution. The latter, the primordial principle
governing life on Earth, is symbolized here by the negative reversal of
the shots. This graphic process was carried out in memory of film,
which for years represented the essence of photography.
Simone Arrigoni is a classical pianist, multiple Freediving World Record holder and successful photographer. He holds more than 150 awards in the most prestigious International Photo Contests, such as the 1st Prize in NTU 2017 by Singapore's Nanyang Technological University & National Geographic. He was appointed FIOF Italian Photography Ambassador in China 2017-2019 and has been Underwater Photography Festival Ambassador since 2019. His works have been published in books, magazines and catalogues, as well as being collected and exhibited worldwide, from USA to Japan via Europe and China.
Awards - 1st Prize and "Jury Top Five Selection" in the International Photography Awards IPA 2021, category "Nature - Other"
- 1st Prize "Special Best New Talent of the Year" in the PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2020, category "Special"
- Gold in the PX3 Prix de la Photographie Paris 2020, category "Special"
- 1st Prize in FAPA Fine Art Photography Awards 2020, "category "Nature"
- Grand Prize Winner "Best of Show" in Grey Cube Gallery's International Art Contest Sky 2020
- 1st Prize in BIFA Budapest International Foto Awards 2019, category "Nature"
- Gold Award in BIFA Budapest International Foto Awards 2019, category "Nature - Underwater"
- Gold Award in BIFA Budapest International Foto Awards 2019, category "Nature - Seasons"
- Gold Award in MIFA Moscow International Foto Awards 2019, category "Nature - Underwater"
- Gold Award in TIFA Tokio International Foto Awards 2018, category "Nature - Underwater"
- 1st Prize in NTU International Photography Awards 2017 by Singapore's Nanyang Technological University & National Geographic
- Gold Award in TIFA Tokio International Foto Awards 2017, category "Architecture-Interiors"
- Gold Medal in the PX3 PRIX DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE PARIS 2017, category "Architecture"
- 1st Prize Best in Show in the Fusion Art's International Contest Skies Art Exhibition, Palm Springs (California) 2017
- 1st Prize in the New York International Photography and Digital Art Contest 2017
- 1st Prize in the FIIPA Fiof Italy International Photography Awards 2016, category "Architecture"