/ 2021 / /
FRANK - The Mediterranean route
A hand held out to hope, it belongs to Frank, 38, from Ghana, crossed by a destiny that unites myriads of lives. Bodies that challenge fate in the Strait of Sicily. On the horizon, the lights of Lampedusa and the smell of exhaust gas mixed with vomit and urine. Burkina Faso, Niger, Sahara and the Libyan prison. The horror and abandonment at sea. In it the fate of some Somali girls who ran away from arranged marriages. In their eyes is the price of freedom: sexual abuse and children without a name. Frank is in a SPRAR. He suffers from depressive attacks. He wants to build a future for himself.
Vito Finocchiaro, born in Mascali (Sicily) in 1965, is a freelance photographer and winner of national and international Awards. From 1984 to today his photography is a continuous growth, research and comparison with photographers of the national and international panorama. His demo-ethno-anthropological researches have allowed him to live and tell about Continents and Peoples of which he has documented the most extreme suburbs such as China, Cuba, Peru, Mexico, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda.
Awards • PX3 2020 Silver People
• Hipa Contest 2019 - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (winner);
• CHINA (Silver, Bronze);
• RUSSIA (Bronze);
• INDIA (Bronze);
• TOKIO INTERNATIONAL PHOTO AWARDS (2 Silver, 1 Bronze,
2 Honorable Mentions);
• PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERS CUP International Colour Awards
U.S.A. (Onorable Mention);
• AUSTRALIA (Silver, Bronze);
• I.P.A. International Photography Awards U.S.A. (24 Onorable
• Px3 Gold, Silver, Bronze, FRANCE;
• FIIPA ITALY (Gold, Silver, Bronze);
• Winner Contest “Dai Colore alla Vita”, ITALY.